Silver Zard

The Headquarters of The Silver Zard. Adventure Quest Worlds most unnacomplished clan of Avengers for hire!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Game Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male
Number of posts : 348
AQW Username : SilverZard
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Captain Falcon
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:36 am

Nice! The New jet stream for the missiles and ship are good to go!
the only thing to make them better is maybe play around with color changes.

Good job on the BG engine, I can't wait to see it.

Also I "researched" some other games and ours is missing something important.
We need to put in the ability to strafe, I would program it to the "Q&E" buttons around the WASD pad. (Strafing is moving side to side)

P.S. I Edited the design notes page.
Apocanagic the To-do list should also be updated by you too.
Put in things you want done and things you have done.

Platinum Zard

Male
Number of posts : 319
AQW Username : abdullah agic
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Guild Master
Most Recent Award: None

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:31 pm

I have an idea,one of ours'color should be blue and other's color should be silver,and then we will write our design notes posts in those colors and if we have to edit someones post we will use that color.you chose your color first.

EDIT:I found out there were already many things called blue silver and silver blue,maybe we should change it?

EDIT:I have another idea,we should put power sources in the game.like gems,you can find and collect them and they effect the color of your Jet Stream(and also your speed,damage of your lazers,speed of your weapons!What do you think???

EDIT:
AWESOME NEWS

My aunt said she can draw any ship in the same quality with the ones you drew that we have design of it(can be on paper).so if you still want to add some different ships,tell me Very Happy

EDIT:I added some cyans and cyan-ish colors to texts,did you like that?
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Quote :
EDIT:I have another idea,we should put power sources in the game.like gems,you can find and collect them and they effect the color of your Jet Stream(and also your speed,damage of your lazers,speed of your weapons!What do you think???
While that does seem like a good idea i think it will detract from the realism that I want this game feel like.

We should definitely change our name if its already taken. Something serious.

Quote :
My aunt said she can draw any ship in the same quality with the ones you drew that we have design of it(can be on paper).so if you still want to add some different ships,tell me Very Happy
Well it doesn't seem right to me if the Aliens and humans have the same kinds of ships. If she really wanted to she could redesign all of my ships to look more Alien. Like This only with out those tentacles.
And they don't need to be shaded because they're in space.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:38 am

Quote :
While that does seem like a good idea i think it will detract from the realism that I want this game feel like.
I see
Quote :
Well it doesn't seem right to me if the Aliens and humans have the same kinds of ships. If she really wanted to she could redesign all of my ships to look more Alien. Like This only with out those tentacles.
And they don't need to be shaded because they're in space.
ok i will tell her that
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:34 pm

Only if she wants to do that.
If she wants to do something that doesn't take as long, we need a generic explosion to go over the ships when they explode/die.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:27 am

Omndra i think we should use this topic to talk each other,because when you answer me on that topic,it looks weird.you should tell me what you'll tell here.we should use design notes to tell things to other people.i was already going to fix them,i just wanted to make a list.so later i could see how much i did.you didn't have to answer it.

EDIT:
1 GOOD 1 BAD New!!!
the good one is that i found the background eraser in photoshop and erased that ships image's background and found a way to save it as .png and i can actually put them in game now!!!
the bad one is
when i make them bigger,they are in low resolution,so i can only use them in those sizes for now.

i didn't have a chance to talk to my aunt yesterday but today i will ask her to draw them and i will also ask her to draw our new silver zard!.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:34 am

I coulda told you where the BG eraser was...
but if you want i will make the shpes 3 times as big.
It will be cool to have another talented artist working with us.

You should Keep on rediting your first postin the design notes, then to inform us of an update post "Bump" and delete the previous post that says Bump.

P.S.
Quote :
1.The stars move when view is not moving.(Those stars were programmed to move when ship is moving,not view.When the view is colliding to the border of the room,so it can't go any further,but ship can move inside that view and cause stars to move and it looks stupid.)
erm... change the stars to move according to the speed of the view? It should still work with using the ship direction... i think.

Quote :
2.The stars are gradient circles(White to black),this is not a glitch,i made it temporarily until i can find a way to do it as we want.
As long as the black is transparent its good.
Quote :

3.Homing Missiles always hit the enemy perfectly.(If the enemy is moving)
you need to have the missiles have a lifespan. Ex= they explode/disappear after flying for 300 pixels. try having the enemy move in a circle while flying in a strait line at the circling enemy. if it still hits most of time try nerfing how fast it can turn i would make it. Missiles should hit someone who is just moving in a strait line. But if they are trying to dodge just one they should be able to last forever... with enough skill (make that a mini-game, every 30 seconds a new missile is fired (put in strafing too))

Quote :
4.Homing Missiles sometimes keep missing the enemy annd spins around it forever.(If enemy is not moving)
Thats not really a glitch... however if one sits still to dodge missiles they will get pummeled by normal lazors. But i figured out a way to fix it, Have the missiles Slow down when not facing the Target, and speed up as they start to face the target. the max speed should be around 3x the minimal speed.

Quote :
5.Since i didn't make the stars look real,i couldn't be able to place the background layer and make it move as you said.
All i did for my BG was make white gradient circles like you did...( with space smog)

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:58 pm

can you draw them in their maximum sizes,i mean,you said
Quote :
It should be Goliath zoom x1 Large x1.5 Big x2 and small x2.5.
so draw them in 2.5 times bigger and i will zoom x0.80 for big and 0.60 for large and 0.40 for goliath ok?
Quote :
You should Keep on rediting your first postin the design notes, then to inform us of an update post "Bump" and delete the previous post that says Bump
ok
Quote :
erm... change the stars to move according to the speed of the view? It should still work with using the ship direction... i think.
there are no variables that i can use to check what views speed and direction is but
i can make an object for view and it will follow the origin of the view and i will use its direction while its moving.and when it is at where the view is it cant move so stars won't too.
Quote :
As long as the black is transparent its good
they are not,this is not even a glitch acually,i didn't work on a harder and better star engine.i will fix this soon.Same for homing missiles,they are not glitches but i will make what you told,they will explode after few seconds and will go faster when they are facing you.
EDIT:one question....when zoomed out will stars look smaller too or should i keep them?
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 pm

Making the stars smaller too would add a great deal of realism.
I sent the bigger ships to you.
Wow We are all on at the same time!
SO COOL!

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Quote :
Making the stars smaller too would add a great deal of realism.
ok
Quote :
I sent the bigger ships to you.
ok thanks i'll look at them right now
Quote :
Wow We are all on at the same time!
SO COOL!
EXACTLY!
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 pm

I finally finished the goliath. ITS HUGE! one of those small gear looking circles is as big as a grunt.

The picture is a little glitched but you get the idea. I sent the original one to you

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:30 pm

ITS AWESOME,thank you so much i really love it.
since i have everything i need to prepare alpha test i will make everything right no- ....well actually its over 00:00 am here and im so tired,i will make everything completely ready tomorrow.and send it to you guys,then we will get the plot ready and make a beta test that will include items that has to be there because of the plot.and then a gamma test with everything even the plot,but it will be for finding and fixing glitches.then we will....have to wait for gamemaker developers to allow us to publish a GameMaker 8.0. game,and then we will become famous and i will be a Yoyo Legend Maker and you will be an Awesome Game Artist.Since we plan to share money every month,it will be like salary Very Happy Im really sooo happy.Even the dream of it is enough to make me Extremely Happy.*yawn*Good Night.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:41 pm

I am as excited as you are however, starting testing now would be rash.
Right now it looks like just the flight engine is done.

But i made a list of things we need for the beta testing.
-We need to do preliminary balancing of the ships.
-We also need the AI

Beta Testing will be mostly testing out for flaws in the AI, and Checking to see if the game is properly balanced.

And we will need advertising for our game, otherwise no one will know about it.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:01 am

Quote :
And we will need advertising for our game, otherwise no one will know about it
that shouldn't be hard,can you do that?(we should make the game first)
i made a list of features(tell me what to change)

Normal Version Space Armada

1.You can play only first 5 levels of story

2.You can play only first 5 levels of replay mode

3.You can use only Grunt ship in the game

4.You can watch only first part of the story

5.You can fight against only Grunt,Alpha and Bomber(they will appera in first 5 levels)

6.You can earn only normal money from enemies and you can only buy less than %5 of all the items in the shop(in full some enemies give you different kinds of money like nova gems in MQ but there will be more than 2 kinds.the items are things like different bullets,different jet streams,different ships,different small and big turrets for big ships,etc.)

7.You have to see an ad before playing a level(this way we can be even more rich!)

Full Version Game Space Armada

1.Play,replay and watch every level of this epic and emotional story(you said you will make them cry)

2.You can buy all 9 ships(yes even the Goliath,but you will have to work 5 hours to collect enough money to buy an omega)

3.You can earn every kind of money from killing enemies

4.You can buy everything you have enough money to buy

5.YOU CAN COLORIZE YOUR SHIP!!!!(im not sure i can make it,if i can't i will at least let them colorize its all in one color)

6.You can fight against few different kinds of all 9 ships.(different colors and alien versions)

7.No ads

How much do you think it should cost?I'm thinking about something like14.50 USD($)
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am

or we can make all the levels and full story for 9.95$ and ask them if they want to be able to buy all ships(+2.00$)be able to buy everything in shop(+2.00$)be able to collect every kind of money that you can use to buy some things for cheaper or alien versions of items (+1.00$)be able to colorize your ship (+2.00$)get rid of ads (+1.00$)have 2500 normal money (+2.00$)
if they want them all we will have 19.95$,if they want none we will have 9.95
is this too much???????

EDIT:how long did it take you to draw everything?im trying to find a fair way to split money
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:19 am

This is what i think we should change.

Quote :
1.You can play only first 4 levels of story
Level5 is Important plot twist

2.You can play only first 5 levels of replay mode
replay mode? When you are done there are a couple modes that I would like you to make

3.You can use only Grunt ship in the game
They should be able to use up to Destroyers and Dreadnoughts

4.You can watch only first part of the story
All the way up to level 5's intro

5.You can fight against only Grunt,Alpha and Bomber
The Goliaths... come in at Level 5

6.You can earn only normal money from enemies and you can only buy less than %5 of all the items in the shop(in full some enemies give you different kinds of money like nova gems in MQ but there will be more than 2 kinds.the items are things like different bullets,different jet streams,different ships,different small and big turrets for big ships,etc.) Could you make an online mode where you can completely customize a ship for 2.99 a month or 24.99 a year. We will worry about this when we finish basic version.
The First game should be 9.99$ then the MMO is like a Sequel.

7.You have to see an ad before playing a level(this way we can be even more rich!)
(That would be unfair to those who paid for the game.)
Quote :
or we can make all the levels and full story for 9.95$ and ask them if they want to be able to buy all ships(+2.00$)be able to buy everything in shop(+2.00$)be able to collect every kind of money that you can use to buy some things for cheaper or alien versions of items (+1.00$)be able to colorize your ship (+2.00$)get rid of ads (+1.00$)have 2500 normal money (+2.00$)
if they want them all we will have 19.95$,if they want none we will have 9.95
is this too much???????
That... is too many small parts. people like simple, the shop kinda stuff should go into the online/MMO cersion. (If you can do that)

EDIT:how long did it take you to draw everything?im trying to find a fair way to split money I am also working on the plot and cutsceans. I think 50-50 is fair. I also will probably have to make a ton of ships in updates for an MMO version. Like Non-Military Carriers and space Stations, You have to program alot.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:32 am

Hmmmm I see.Can you make the limitations for normal game please?Since i don't know the story,i don't want to make more mistakes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:51 am

I will have to play the finished game before i want to decide anything for final.
The only thing I know for sure right now is Campaign should only go up to level4.
And they will won't see a Goliath, but they might see an omega only in campaign.
The MMO Version should be the only one with a shop.
The only Game play modes in the demo will be first 4 levels of campaign, and as many waves that they can survive in Endless mode. (with access to only 5 unit types)

Oh yeah, me and Crainer decided that the Omega's name should be Annihilator.

But First things First... We should finish the game.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm

ok
how many levels there should be?
and i was thinking on some different modes like race and vs battle(in vs battle you fight against another ship but it is smarter and has more hp than you)im also thinking about making gravitational battle arenas,in them there are small things that look like stars and they blow or suck you.

you know what the story is,if you would imagine it programmed everything perfectly, looking awesome and without lag.what would the maximum amount of money you will pay for it be?

please PM me the story,i can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:29 pm

I already PMed it to you.

But i would start ot at 5-10$ like i said... i need to play it before I want to make any really specific numbers. I don't think we should go to 20, maybe we could ask that question tothe beta testers. They will get the full version for free, but they will help us out for overall idea's like that.
We should have around 20 beta testers + the silverzard clan. You choose 10 and I choose 10.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:39 pm

lol i don't think there can possibly be so many glitches,about 5 beta testers would do,and i think we should make it longer,like 30 levels,and 16 cutscenes(1st=intro,others=once per 2 levels),and we should add/change/remove things from the plot today when we all are on at same time(2 and a half ours)
If you let me make even more levels,we can use 20 beta testers.

I think silverzard,space armada,space armada's sequel and waterfight(a game im going to make,if you don't know what it is turn back to the post you said you will never be able to help,its somewhere above it)this games should be sequels of each other(silverzard is the last and space armada is first)and we should find a really cool name to that sequance,post ideas.

today i recieved this e-mail,it says i won a lottery,it says they made a program that finds 120.000 e-mails from internet then chooses one and he wins the lottery,i didn't paste it all.does anybody know should i trust it or not?(acyually its 3 e-mail saying that i recieve)
Quote :
HOW YOU EMERGE AS A WINNER‏
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:50:48 PM
To: abdullahagic@hotmail.com
The National Lottery,
35 Tottenham Court
Road London.
WD112T.
United Kingdom
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Its not just about finding glitches. We also need them to get opinions on how things should be balanced.
IE: "The Goliath Is way to powerful! you guys should nerf it."
And also how much they would pay for a game like this or how much it should be.

Its to get an opinion on what people think about the game, so we can put the right price on it that's not too high, and not too low.

I also changed my mind about something. Ships without moving turrets should only be able to shoot strait forward.

The story mode should only be 10 levels, in my opinion. I don't think it would make work with the plot if it had side quests. We keep the replay value up by adding in different kinds of gameplay modes and Training minigames. For example:
-Missile Dodging
-Lazer Dodging
-Target Practice
-Survival (Goes through like the original game)
-Rampage (Kill as many ships as you can in a super ship(Think Super Saiyan Colors))
And Achievments will also boost replay.
I will also make a bonus cutscean as an unlockable.
Cheats will also be unlocked by achievements.

And that Email is Spam. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Also people will tend to believe a Big lie instead of a small one. Its that "just in case it is real" kinda thing. No one just sends someone an email lottery unless they sign up for it. Totally fake.

(P.S. I was looking at computer Server's and the prices range from 400-1200$ I like the 899$ one. It has 64GB memory. A good server needs lots of Ram and Memory.)

Edit: I am also going back and making alien versions of the ships. I will also have to do this again when the MMO comes out for the Hive Mind, That Abdullah and I know about but none of you guy know about. They will be more Mechanical.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Quote :
Oh yeah, me and Crainer decided that the Omega's name should be Annihilator.
(i didn't read it before)LOL omega already reminds me the omega in sonic heroes which reminds me how he says ANNIHILATE! lol
im preparing achievements menu and the training level,in that you will move right(the level rooms shape will be like a pipe)and walls will appear in sides of you so you cant go any more or turn back,then a message will say"Hello player,ths is the training level,use W key to move faster and use A and D to turn."then player moves a bit and another message shows"Try to avoid these missiles"4 turrets appear at the corners of the part of the room you can move in and they fire missiles at you in order,they push you when they hit you,you don't lose hp,if you make 10 missiles miss you in a row the turrets and walls disappear message says go right,you do and walls appear again but farther from you this time.and two targets appear in the right corners message:"click to a position in front of your ship to fire,fire at those targets to continue"you fire at each of them 10 times and walls and targets disappear you keep moving right and walls appear again but one appears at the top of the room too,homing missile turrets appear in the bottom of the room message:"avoid homing missiles and make them crush something,you will need ability to starfe for this,use Q and E keys to starf"you avoid them and make them hit the wall at top and all turrets and walls disappear again,it ends message says gratz etc etc im kind of busy right now so i cant write it completely
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 pm

There are some things i would like to fix with the Training games, the main one being turning them all into individual games, with achievements on how well you preform.
But The most important thing we need right now is the AI.

I tryed to keep it simple.
The AI ships should follow enemy ship like a missile. but instead of actually hitting the ship it trys to stay just behind it.
If being followed by an enemy ship it will slow down and turn in a random direction, to get behind you. (the Berzerker Will speed up and shoot back.)
It will also not aim directly at the ship.It should have some kindof movement prediction system.
If the player is slowed down and behind them the enemy ship will slow down, turn around with a combination of Turning and strafing. Then it will speed up.
I don't know what else it should do, but it gives you something to work on.

I am currently working on A basic template on the stats of each unit.
Once finish the AI, and i finish the stats we might be able to start an alpha test. for the purpose of finding out if the units are balenced equally. (Ex. Just using as many Goliath's as possible doesn't work)
the alpha test will only be a battle starter with one menu and a listof controls.

Platinum Zard

Male

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:10 am

Quote :
I tryed to keep it simple.
The AI ships should follow enemy ship like a missile. but instead of actually hitting the ship it trys to stay just behind it.
If being followed by an enemy ship it will slow down and turn in a random direction, to get behind you. (the Berzerker Will speed up and shoot back.)
It will also not aim directly at the ship.It should have some kindof movement prediction system.
If the player is slowed down and behind them the enemy ship will slow down, turn around with a combination of Turning and strafing. Then it will speed up.
I don't know what else it should do, but it gives you something to work on.
im still working on it
hey guys i found a really funny video on facebook i shared it,its a hard version of mario please watch it,in its title it says"Japonların Zorlu Mario Oyunu Kopacacaksınız xD"(it means "Japans' hard Mario game you will rofl")

EDIT:i sent that video to you and crainer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Game Discussion
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next