Silver Zard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Zard

The Headquarters of The Silver Zard. Adventure Quest Worlds most unnacomplished clan of Avengers for hire!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Discussion

Go down 
+9
chazanater
Werepyre King
rkyne trix
Laken
Kamina-sama
Crainer
Roann
Omndra
apocanagic
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
Number of posts : 316
AQW Username :

Registration date : 2008-08-28

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Guild Master
Most Recent Award: None

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:26 pm

i will make a silver zard game.You can send your ideas here until i have sprites to make and finish the game.if you can draw a zard in a 32x32 pixels box you can draw a spritesheet of a silver zard(every sprite must be 32x32).You can draw and send it.Post your ideas and sprites.And once we found an idea you can send background,sound fx,music and other stuff's sprites.Once i have them i will start and finish it

Last edited by apocanagic on Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:30 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male
Number of posts : 348
AQW Username : SilverZard
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Captain Falcon
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:00 pm

working on the sprites right now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 6:32 pm

ummm... what will the frame rate be? this will help me a little bit in makeing a more realistic looking movement, and also how many sprite to make.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 am

fps is 30 but if it will be very hard for you i can change room speed and there is no limit for sprites and if its hard to draw them in a32x32 you can make them bigger but not bigger then 250x250 please because if you draw bigger then 250x250 it will be hard to put other things in the level.but make all sprites of the silver zard in same size.and save the sprites as BMP or PNG.not JPG or GİF

Last edited by apocanagic on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roann
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard

Male
Number of posts : 55
AQW Username : Roann
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Arachnizard
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:41 pm

if you need anything art-wise done, let me know. I'm pretty good with photoshop.
Back to top Go down
https://silverzard.forumotion.net
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 6:46 pm

...im waiting for ideas like silver zards abilities and if a firezard breath fire and energyzard breath energy what do silverzard breath?????
ok roann can you draw a silver zard breath? if you do and save it as BMP or PNG.not JPG or GİF,i can use it
please send your ideas about silver zards abilities and please vote what kind of game do you want
------------------------------------edit------------------------------------------------
omndra please make dying,breathing,runing,jumping(and maybe climbing,fast runing,and when we find the other abilities,using the other abilities)sprites too.When you finish the sprites send them to me with e-mail or pm me.
And we need someone can create sfx on computer or someone has a microphone i will try to find some music for the game
------------------------------------------------edit--------------------------------------------

Last edited by apocanagic on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 11:04 pm

ok.... that will take me longer than what i previously predicted, when i would get them done.

P.S. I am making a 30second music track for the game with me mac.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:27 pm

yay!i have created an object for music.it starts playing the theme when the theme ends it plays body theme when body theme ends it plays again
now we need a STORY for the game and what kind of enemies will enemies be?
Back to top Go down
Crainer
The Assassin
The Assassin

Male
Number of posts : 123
AQW Username : Crainer
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Creed Leader

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Argint the Silverzard THE STORY!!!!   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 4:56 pm

SilverZard

His name was Argint and among the zards he was as normal as a leaf in the tree. He wasn’t the smartest or the fastest or the strongest and often didn’t talk to zards that much. He was an apprentice to Topitorie who was the man who made the common tools of the zard. He was the only apprentice to him and was advancing very quickly and was almost at the skill of his master Topitorie. Argint was walking through the woods when a group of red zards which were the ones who had more control over fire than the others but it wasn’t with the use of magic, they could create fire in their hands, their fur and were resistant to fire, but other than that they couldn’t do that much. They were accompanied by only a couple of blue zards who’s only ability was to be able to breath underwater.
“Hey Argy (a mean nickname they called him) were are you goin?” Bravo asked Argint who didn’t want trouble so he didn’t say anything and tried to walk by but the red zard burst into flames and wouldn’t let him pass. “I said,” walking towards Argint “where are you going?” this time Argint didn’t just try to walk by, he ran as fast as he could and has a greenzard outside he could outrun a cheetah. He did get away but he knew there would be trouble later with that crew. He continued to walk into the woods further and further away, he knew the only reason that they picked on him was because he had no parents and knew that they never died they just left him in the middle of the town in a basket as a baby and by that he knew that he wasn’t good enough for them. He liked to think that they were cool like one of the mixed zards who had the ability of all of the three zards and just didn’t have time to care for him because they were saving the zard race all of their lives. He never even knew his name, he knew it was Romanian (zards use the same languages as humans) but never found it out because nobody knew how to talk in the language.
He walked further and further in thinking about his own life and what it might turn out to be and the realized he must have walked miles because he didn’t know were he was and walking that far didn’t occur to him because he only thought that he’d been walking a few minutes. He decided that he would just turn around and walk in the direction he came from. He had been walking for at least a half hour when he still didn’t recognize anything were he had ever been. The forest got thicker and thicker and more foggy than he had ever seen, the trees swayed but there was no wind, they rustled and creak without the aid of the wind. He started to hear footsteps in all the directions around him but couldn’t see anyting because of the mist and the thick woods. It got thicker and more misty until suddenly he closed his eyes but still could see, think this must be a dream because what he saw when he closed his eyes was a clearing in the woods and saw no mist beyond that. He was walking towards it and he closed his eyes so when he tried to open nothing happened because somehow they were already open. Scared from the forces that were at work here he kept walking but very slowly, the only vegetation was a few bushes sparkled with silver, the magic color of the zards. He was more amazed at what he saw this incredible sight of magic made him not scared because what he saw when he walked into the clearing were a dozen zards, they were all very old and had a pulse of power about them. Above all their fur was the color silver the ancient races of silverzards who prowess of magic put others in awe because they could access the arcane and control the elements about them.

Give ideas to it and we i will add them to it.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:00 pm

thank you crainer
Back to top Go down
Crainer
The Assassin
The Assassin

Male

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: just so u guys know   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:04 pm

The names that I used ARE in fact romanian so if u need the definition im going to tell u here

Argint- Silver

Bravo- Bully

the master smith guy stands for smelter
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:30 pm

im closing the poll it will be an adventure game
now i made a new poll
Back to top Go down
Crainer
The Assassin
The Assassin

Male

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: continued story   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 7:50 pm

Here i was going to continue to write a lot more and have it be more exciting but then I realized that the only way he could do stuff was to go on a quest to see his abilities and I want to take a poll on his first quest. here is the story up until the quest..... I wrote this today

SilverZard

His name was Argint and among the zards he was as normal as a leaf in the tree. He wasn’t the smartest or the fastest or the strongest and often didn’t talk to zards that much. He was an apprentice to Topitorie who was the man who made the common tools of the zard. He was the only apprentice to him and was advancing very quickly and was almost at the skill of his master Topitorie. Argint was walking through the woods when a group of red zards which were the ones who had more control over fire than the others but it wasn’t with the use of magic, they could create fire in their hands, their fur and were resistant to fire, but other than that they couldn’t do that much. They were accompanied by only a couple of blue zards who’s only ability was to be able to breath underwater.
“Hey Argy (a mean nickname they called him) were are you goin?” Bravo asked Argint who didn’t want trouble so he didn’t say anything and tried to walk by but the red zard burst into flames and wouldn’t let him pass. “I said,” walking towards Argint “where are you going?” this time Argint didn’t just try to walk by, he ran as fast as he could and has a greenzard outside he could outrun a cheetah. He did get away but he knew there would be trouble later with that crew. He continued to walk into the woods further and further away, he knew the only reason that they picked on him was because he had no parents and knew that they never died they just left him in the middle of the town in a basket as a baby and by that he knew that he wasn’t good enough for them. He liked to think that they were cool like one of the mixed zards who had the ability of all of the three zards and just didn’t have time to care for him because they were saving the zard race all of their lives. He never even knew his name, he knew it was Romanian (zards use the same languages as humans) but never found it out because nobody knew how to talk in the language.
He walked further and further in thinking about his own life and what it might turn out to be and the realized he must have walked miles because he didn’t know were he was and walking that far didn’t occur to him because he only thought that he’d been walking a few minutes. He decided that he would just turn around and walk in the direction he came from. He had been walking for at least a half hour when he still didn’t recognize anything were he had ever been. The forest got thicker and thicker and more foggy than he had ever seen, the trees swayed but there was no wind, they rustled and creak without the aid of the wind. He started to hear footsteps in all the directions around him but couldn’t see anyting because of the mist and the thick woods. It got thicker and more misty until suddenly he closed his eyes but still could see, think this must be a dream because what he saw when he closed his eyes was a clearing in the woods and saw no mist beyond that. He was walking towards it and he closed his eyes so when he tried to open nothing happened because somehow they were already open. Scared from the forces that were at work here he kept walking but very slowly, the only vegetation was a few bushes sparkled with silver, the magic color of the zards. He was more amazed at what he saw this incredible sight of magic made him not scared because what he saw when he walked into the clearing were a dozen zards, they were all very old and had a pulse of power about them. Above all their fur was the color silver the ancient races of silverzards who prowess of magic put others in awe because they could access the arcane and control the elements about them.
He was so surprised to find them that he literally fainted. He woke up in a bed with the 12 members surrounding him, they said his name and over the course of the day they told him what happened to his parents and how he came to be. His parents were strong silverzards who were almost masters of the arcane. They had to leave him so in fact they could use their magic to help save the zards. And they told him that thye had been protecting him from the other normal zards by making his fur seem to be green and only when he needed it they would grant him the speed of a green zard. He almost fainted again with surprise that his wishes came true but he steadied himself and as they told him that he was going to study and learn the power of magic over the next year.
A year later he woke up feeling refreshed from the past days work training with the arcane and went outside for the big ceremony of 13. He walked to the garden were he first saw them and they congratulated him giving him their blessings for luck in his future life. He was happy that he now knew how to tap into the arcane and use it to his will but the more he used it the more tired he got. He talked with them about the past year and they were thinking of a test that he would have to pass to prove to prove to himself strong enough to fight off the evils of the world that to common folk didn’t know about.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:28 pm

did you get the lazer beam Sprites?

Edit1: I like the names of the Zards, however I think the story seems a bit cliche.

Edit2: Ok i thought about it and what i think is wrong with it is that it is just the story. you need to turn it into a screen write. So divide it into different sections, and have the story told by the dialog and not the captioning. are you understanding what i am meaning?

Last edited by Omndra on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I read the story)
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 6:24 am

wow omndra !!!! you made great sprites and im now listening to music
edit:music is good.and yes you can make many as you want but there are silence spaces in their ending.if they loop themselves,there will be spaces between them
and i have got an idea,this idea can change everything about the game.maybe we can make our zards ability...controling space and time or...using gravity!!! (changing gravity for himself,flying,floating,throwing any object without touching it)i think this can be cool
edit 2 :i made an object with that first sprite its standing,whem you press space it opens its mouth and creates a laser and closes its mouth. when lasers animation ends laser destroys itselfGame Discussion Silver14
lol isnt that funny dont worry this is just a testing room
im waiting for walking sprites
omndra that laser sound is very long can you make it shorter
edit3:i made an biting zard.omnda im prepearing the sfx list now
edit 4: i have found a new story
--------------------------------------------------------------
this is a new story
before argints egg is hatched something evil attacks argints family.argints family escapes with his egg.they find a place to hide.they think they were attacked because argints egg,and they leave his egg there and escape.one month later a group of frogzards find that egg and bring it to their home.he hatches there and thinks he is a frogzard.some months later he grows.the older frogzards teach a zards abilities to younger zards.but he doesnt have any of those abilities.he asks "why i dont have any of theese abilities?"to an old zard.he says "you are young,you will have some of your abilities soon".this makes argint happy.he goes and plays with his friends.they play hide and seek but they cant find one of his friends.argint starts searching for him and finds him in a cage he opens the cage and they run.when they reach a safe place they stop.argint asks"how did that happened?".he says"something captured me".they hear a sound and they start running again.they escape to top of a mountain and stay there for some minutes.the mountain is like a cliff they think that thing cant follow them anymore but that mountain starts to shake.argints friend says"we must jump".they jump and......
to be continued...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
when everyone votes something in this poll i will write the rest of the story
edit5:woot 2nd page's first massage
edit6:woot longest post ever
edit7:what will our zard collect or what will raise the score?
edıt8:i made a longer one in 18th page

Last edited by apocanagic on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:05 pm

I think that the SilverZards ability should be the ability to learn any ability. But he should start with gravity. He learns it from evil thing that attacks him from in egg but it takes him awhile to use the ability because he was so young. The Bad guy should be a StarZard or a GoldZard I was thinking that the lazer that the Silver zard shoots out would go until it hits an object.
Another Thing to think about, how long should the game be? 5 levels? or 254?
Im sorry i can't make the sound shorter, and you can fix the music problem by cutting a little bit of it off the end if you can do that.

Last edited by Omndra on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:12 pm

i didnt think about levels we can make the game long as we want!
and ok i will make that lazer like that
---picture edited------------
Game Discussion Silver16
you can see everything i made until now in this picture
no bugs occured
our zard throws a lazer when you press space but should i let him throw another before he closes his mouth?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
omndra i need walking sprites!!!please...fast
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the continue of my story
they climb to top of that mountain and that mountain is like a cliff and very tall.that mountain starts to shake and argints friend says "we must jump"they jump and start falling.but in the halfway something happens...they stop...and everythings color looks inverted to them.and argint starts to glow...argints friend says"whats happeneng?".he says"i dont know!"then argint understands everything.and understands this is his power.he stop glowing and they fall down.when there is only half meter left for touching to ground they stop again and land slowly
they remember that they have been following by something mysterious and continue runing.when they reach to their home they go to one of those old zards and tell him what happened he says"oh now i understand...you are a SİLVERZARD i supposed you are a windzard or a cloudzard.well it looks like we have to train you"this makes argint happy.old zard"we will start training you tomorrow...oh its late see you tomorrow and good night.they go to their home and sleep

...to be continued...

Last edited by apocanagic on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 7:19 pm

The sprites are at school so i can't do them over the weekend. sorry.
Yes he should be able to fire multiple lazers without closing his mouth.

Check my other post
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 10:20 am

yay!now our zard can use gravity!!!!!!!!but if you have more good ideas about his abilities.i ll put them in game.(only the good ideas)
our zard can now destroy those walls with biting or throwing lazer
i changed my previous posts image
i tried to play for testing and no bugs ocurred
omndra i need to upgrade game maker to PRO version to be able to put movies i have enough money for upgrading but i must wait for aqw upgrades.i will firstly upgrade my aqw account and if i still have enough money i ll upgrade to pro.then i will be able to do lots of new things

Last edited by apocanagic on Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crainer
The Assassin
The Assassin

Male

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 4:47 pm

yeah i do im gonna do it right now then repost it.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 am

Yeah my flash demo just expired and my friend still needs to give me activation code, so i couldn't make the cut-scene movies anyways. I am going to make a glow sprite that goes behind the zard during gravity useage, finish the breathing sprites, and work on the walking sprites at school today. and i think we should go for 10-20 levels.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 4:33 pm

Apocanagic i have the gravity glow, and half of the walking frames, if i work hard you will have them tomarro. but i am still shooting for wedsnday. after that my friend here gave me an awesome idea for one of his abillitys. there will be a super mode item that once gotten will put the Zard into a Super mode where he is invinsible and does more damage, for like 30-45 seconds.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 pm

yes thats a good idea and easy i think i can make that ability like some hours if i have everything i need
super mode for 30 seconds.i can make it but when i make timing for something,i have to use something called step instead of seconds or minutes.your 32 seconds theme was 969 steps....then 1second is 30,28125steps...............................................................................................then 30 second is 908 steps.ok then
(im really good at math)
Back to top Go down
Kamina-sama
Zard
Zard

Number of posts : 3
AQW Username : Kamina Sama
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: N/A

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 5:55 pm

hmmmmmmmmm well you could do it in segments... start out as a normal one in this town and have to fight off the bully crew then out run the boss.... then after that the awakening part... then he could go back and beat the crap outta the bullys there by making a far greater evil notice him, then they come and attack and capture you.... you manage to escape and go into a training segment of the game.

just some ideas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Discussion
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next