Silver Zard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Zard

The Headquarters of The Silver Zard. Adventure Quest Worlds most unnacomplished clan of Avengers for hire!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Discussion

Go down 
+9
chazanater
Werepyre King
rkyne trix
Laken
Kamina-sama
Crainer
Roann
Omndra
apocanagic
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male
Number of posts : 348
AQW Username : SilverZard
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Captain Falcon
Most Recent Award:

Game Discussion - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Before you just delete it all, remember to keep what you have on the missile homing.
But if you think that starting over is the best thing to do, then go ahead and start over.

We can take as long as we want to make this game and polish it. We don't have a deadline.
Oh, and I finished the Ship stats. The damage they do is determined by the weapons and turrets they have.

GRUNT
Hp: 7
Cost: 1
Turning: 42*
Speed: -10/40**
*Degrees Per second
**Min/Max speed Pixels Per second

Alpha

Hp: 16
Cost: 2
Turning: 55
Speed: -12/50

Bomber

Hp: 12
Cost: 2
Turning: 35
Speed: -8/35

Berzerker

Hp: 14
Cost: 3
Turning: 75
Speed: -20/80

Destroyer

Hp: 45
Cost: 4
Turning: 30
Speed: -10/25

Dreadnought

Hp: 40
Cost: 4
Turning: 38
Speed: -10/32

Annihilation

Hp: 125
Cost: 10
Turning: 24
Speed: -5/18

Vengeance

Hp: 70+2 Sm. turrets
Cost: 10
Turning: 28
Speed: -7/22

Goliath

Hp: 100 Per Gear (gear=Weakspot)+12 Sm. turrets and 4 Med. Turrets
Cost: 40-50
Turning: 20
Speed: -2/12

Small Turret
Hp: 20 (Fires Basic Lazors)
Medium Turret
Hp: 55 (Fires Big Lazors)
Electron Turret
Hp: 80 (Fires Electron bullets)

(If the ships move extremely slow with these speeds, Just times the min/max speed by 2 or 5)
A Turbo should let the player move up to twice there normal speed but doesn't allow them to Fire or turn.

When programming the new strafing system in, Make sure that it can only go as fast to the side as the max speed allows.

Last edited by Omndra on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
Number of posts : 316
AQW Username :

Registration date : 2008-08-28

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Guild Master
Most Recent Award: None

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 pm

i think we should make a menu like this

Start Game
Online High Scores(i think i can make it)
Quit
(when you press start game antoher menu appears)
1P Mode
MultiPlayer Mode(if we decide to do this)
Back
(if you press multiplayer mode it goes to ship selection menu,if you press 1p mode this appears)
Training
Story1(or we should name them with the name of alien groups that you fight in them)
Story2(in these you fight with different kinds of aliens,and we need different stories for them)
Story3
Story4
(and other modes we will make,what im trying to say is we should make about 4 stories and Player should start with first and in each,he fights with different aliens,they all have same units but different designed ships)
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:04 pm

I am pretty sure you could put in Multiplayer, But lets wait until the MMO part for Multiplayer.

Campaign
-Level1
-Level2
-Ect.

Training (has high scores and achievements)
-Target Chase (lasts 1,2,3 minutes score based on how close they stay to target)
-Missile Dodge (how long they last/1 hit kills player)
-Target Practice (how much of a combo/points they can build up)

Achievements

Options
-Background (Stationary/Moving)
-Quality (High,Med,Low)
-Controls
-Fullscreen/Windowed
-Other stuff like that

Quit

(P.S. "Designed a ship with 156 turrets" For the MMO Final Pretty-Much-Impossible-to-beat Boss.)
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:14 am

uhm...those ship stats need to be changed,i need things like this
grunt:
cost:100(you will get money from every enemy you kill so it should ne more)
turning:180d/s(it is too slow even if i double it)
speed:100/150 p/s(same of turning)
starfing direction:direction+(something like 45 if you want to make it starf without stoping,90 if you want to starf without going)(please!...don't make me use codes that include sine and cosine).
speed while starfing:(somewhere about speed)
bullet speed:(pixel per second)
bullet damage:(hp per hit)
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Quote :
uhm...those ship stats need to be changed,i need things like this
grunt:
cost:100(you will get money from every enemy you kill so it should ne more)
turning:180d/s(it is too slow even if i double it)
speed:100/150 p/s(same of turning)
starfing direction:direction+(something like 45 if you want to make it starf without stoping,90 if you want to starf without going)(please!...don't make me use codes that include sine and cosine).
speed while starfing:(somewhere about speed)
bullet speed:(pixel per second)
bullet damage:(hp per hit)
This is an Action Space shooter... Not an RPG, money doesn't work like that.
Money is how much units you are allowed to have for certain battles. Each level has a set amount of money that you get, and none of it can be earned. This is to help keep the game balanced. If you get more money for every kill then the player would always win very easily.
You need to play more Azul Baronis to get an idea of what I am going for in concept. (I have spent over 3 hours studying it.)
You will have plenty of time making things more complicated with the MMO.

I also don't want to add the 2 extra Zero's at the end of the money to help the player get an idea of how much ships cost compared to each other. If the basic unit is worth only 1 then it will be easier for them to Compare the costs of units and how valuable each one is.

The turning speed should be a bit slow, Maybe doubling it would be ok, the small fighters need to turn alot faster than the big ships.

There are only four kinds of guns and we have already balanced those out here.
Quote :
Basic Lazer: Fires every .24 second
Fast Lazer: Fires every .08 seconds
Homing Missile: Fires every .40 seconds
Big Lazer: Fires every .75 seconds
Electron: Fires every 1.00 seconds
Gatling gun: Fires every .02 seconds.
Basic and Fast Lazers have the smallest bullet which does 1 damage
Homeing missiles do 3 damage
Big bullets Do 5 damage
and the electron gun does a main hit of 10 damage and splashes 3 damage
all the bullets (except the missile) Should move at 5-8 Times faster than the grunt.

EDIT: Strafing speed should be 80%-100% of the max speed that i posted on the list.
Just make it so that it adds movement to the side, You could probably look up some kinda code someone else has made for it.
If it really is too complicated Its not that important for this game.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 4:44 pm

i wanted to change money because if it would work like that,you could let other ships on your side kill them and you just escape,you still get same amount of money and also you will always be able to unlock goliath after some levels.and i want them to work too much to unlock goliath....but that really doesn't matter so much.

i don't know a cade to add movement to another dire-...wait i know one,i have seen something like that,but it can be too complicated to even stop starfing when player releases it,ok i will try it.

(the rest of this post is not about game)

im working on a program that can speak with you,you ask things by typing them,it answers you in the moment you ask them,it asks you questions too and tells you different things according to what you say as an answer.sounds awesome doesn't it?i have some(too much)free time to code it,it can take months(only if i work 7/24 lol)to finish it,but i will work on it and finish it.
since wejust moved to this house i could newly set my PS2,i will play with it more often and i can be less on at the site or make game slower(i still have more than enough free time to make it,so this has no point saying for me,i am just bored)
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:27 pm

Quote :
i have some(too much)free time to code it,it can take months(only if i work 7/24 lol)to finish it,but i will work on it and finish it.
Work on this game. How do you have way too much free time to code that While this game seems like it has been barely started? It sounds cool, I'll give you that, but come-on. I have not worked on any other one of projects other than this one. It sounds cool but, please Don't work on it till we at least get finish the first one. Its just I am getting a bit frustrated. It seems like when i tell you to program something I don't explain it in the right way so you can understand what i wanted you to do... do you know what i mean?

Quote :
i don't know a code to add movement to another dire-...wait i know one,i have seen something like that,but it can be too complicated to even stop starfing when player releases it,ok i will try it.
Make the ship always slow to a stop. Even when it is moving it will try to stop. Key press's should totally ignore the constant stopping of the ship. And when the key is let go... The ship will slow to a stop. Try to make it feel like flying around in asteroids... The game where the triangle shoots rocks.

Quote :
i wanted to change money because if it would work like that,you could let other ships on your side kill them and you just escape,you still get same amount of money and also you will always be able to unlock goliath after some levels.and i want them to work too much to unlock goliath....but that really doesn't matter so much.
No. We are not just giving them the Goliath. They can use one in level 8-9, and in Battle mode they can use them at stage 7. I don't want to make getting a Goliath too hard, because having a Goliath doesn't guarantee victory. 3 Goliaths would be no match for 10 Destroyers, 20 alphas, and 50 grunts. If the Grunt team Ganged up one them one at a time. I want the game to be balanced so that using just one kindof unit will get you killed. Mixing units is the key to victory.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:20 am

ı do work on this game,sometimes i try to make something and it doesn't happen as i want and spoils everything,i close it without saving,after this happens more than once,i get mad and stay away from that game for a while,and sometimes gamemaker crashes,and once i did many things,wanted to have a break and went to kitchen,when i turned back my computer was closed,it was weird,it was still open actually,i could see its button was still lit,but i didn't see anything on the monitor or didn't hear the sound of fans.and i didn't mean that much time by that,and gamemaker crashed when im making the game i told you,and i decided to stop making it.
i didn't memorize every code in GM i have to see them sometimes and sometimes i have to think a lot about what to do,today i tried to set fps to a good number to make it work as i want,it didn't,i dont know why but it didn't it set itself to %20 of the fps i wanted to set it,i tried to find a way of fixing it but i couldn't,im still trying.
i know how you feel and i felt it too(while we were trying to make silver zard game lol)
i was already going to make it stop slowly

Quote :
No. We are not just giving them the Goliath. They can use one in level 8-9, and in Battle mode they can use them at stage 7. I don't want to make getting a Goliath too hard, because having a Goliath doesn't guarantee victory. 3 Goliaths would be no match for 10 Destroyers, 20 alphas, and 50 grunts. If the Grunt team Ganged up one them one at a time. I want the game to be balanced so that using just one kindof unit will get you killed. Mixing units is the key to victory
ok
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:52 am

Im sorry.
I know how it feels to have something crash and lose a ton of your work. It sucks. Do you still want to work on this game? I am taking a programing class in school this year. Or i could find someone else to do it.

Quote :
i dont know why but it didn't it set itself to %20 of the fps i wanted to set it,i tried to find a way of fixing it but i couldn't,im still trying.
The answer is simple, computers can't go up to that high of a framerate. Peoples eyes run on a default of 30 FPS and when they geta boost of adrenaline it can go all the way up to 60 fps. Also Lag doesn't just decrease the framerate by a half, It decreases it down to a set number. So even if you got it up to 3000FPS when lagging it could still go down to 5fps.

EDIT:
This guy had a game of asteroids that the code was available for (but in flash)
This is the game and the flight system is really good, take a look at the code and see if you could turn it into something we could use for our game. (Skip down to the //Steering and Thrust)
Code:
// Ship Movement and most game-play stuff happens here
ShipMove = function()
{
   if (spriteCount == 0) {
      // Level Up!!
      textAnimate("LEVEL UP!! +5000", this,-100,0x00FF00,4000);
      AddScore(5000);
      NewRocks();
   }

if (random(500) == 0)
      NewUFO();

this.clear(); // used to clear thrust drawings

// Weapon firing
   if (Key.isDown(Key.SPACE))
   {
      launchBullet();
   }

// Steering & Thrust
   if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT))
      this._rotation -= 5;
   else if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT))
      this._rotation += 5;
   if (Key.isDown(Key.CONTROL) || Key.isDown(Key.UP))
   {
      this.vx += Math.sin(this._rotation*kDegToRad);
      this.vy -= Math.cos(this._rotation*kDegToRad);
      this.drawModel(thrustModels[random(3)]);
   }
   else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN))
   {
      this.vx *= .9;
      this.vy *= .9;
   }
   // Basic movement with acceleration and damping
   this.vx *= kDamp;
   this.vy *= kDamp;
   this._x += this.vx;
   this._y += this.vy;

// Wrap around edges of stage
   if (this._x < -this._width)
      this._x += SW+this._width*2;
   else if (this._x > SW+this._width)
      this._x -= SW+this._width*2;
   if (this._y < -this._height)
      this._y += SH+this._height*2;
   else if (this._y > SH+this._height)
      this._y -= SH+this._height*2;
   if (doJitter) {
      this.fuselage.clear();
      this.fins.clear();
      this.fuselage.drawModel();
      this.fins.drawModel();
   }

}
(P.S. I dare you to press "D" 50 times in that game)
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm

WHAT???i am working on it,it doesn't mean i give up yet,im not patient enough to try to make something again and again all day.i am continuing,i fix,add delete or change small things that i can finish without making gamemaker crash.
one bad new,this gamemaker is beta and isn't guaranteed to be compatible with normal version,and it shows a message saying:this game was only meant for testing.which means we will maybe have to make the game again with normal GM or we will finish it until then and upload a game showing that message when you try to play.lol
i think i can kind of understand it...some are similiar to the ones i know....
omg flash is hard as i think!
hmm i read it all,you could probably make it work in the gamemaker by replacing the codes with the ones that are there,but it wouldnt be needed,he created functions and variables for everthing he did,its not needed in gm,i made a game way better than that when i was't experienced
this is the code i used,its better for something like we do,i will make a bigger friction than that game.i added comments to make you understand it
Create event
Quote :
//create and set variables
room_speed=150
dir=0
dps=1.2
spd=1.5
cf1=1
cf2=1
turb=0
hp=7
Step event(happens every time a new frame is shown)
Quote :
//turb is the variable to check if turbo is being used or not
if keyboard_check(ord('W'))
turb=1
else
turb=0
//i added this part because it didn't work properly at first time
if not keyboard_check(ord('W'))
turb=0
//steering,you can't use turbo when steering,dir is the direction ship looks at and dps is degree per step
if keyboard_check(ord('A')) and turb=0
{
dir+=dps
if turb=1
turb=0
}
if keyboard_check(ord('D')) and turb=0
{
dir-=dps
if turb=1
turb=0
}
//this is to stop you from having an direction under 0 or above 360
if dir>360
dir-=360
if dir<0
dir+=360
//direction is the direction its going spd is its normal speed
if turb=1
{
direction=dir
speed=2*spd
}
//if turbo is not being used and player isn't steering ship goes with normal speed and the normal direction
if turb=0 and !keyboard_check(ord('D')) and !keyboard_check(ord('A'))
{
speed=spd
direction=dir
}
//i used key J and K to starf,it was easier
if keyboard_check(ord('J')) and turb=0
{
direction=dir-85
speed=1.5*spd
}
if keyboard_check(ord('K')) and turb=0
{
direction=dir+85
speed=1.5*spd
}
//if not starfing go in your direction
if !keyboard_check(ord('K')) and !keyboard_check(ord('J'))
direction=dir
i pressed d 50 times,Internet Explorer froze and gave an error saying something about a script,you probably know that.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 am

ok cool!
Sorry if I was trying to make you work too much... although i hate these communication errors we keep on having.

From my limited programming that i know, that line of code for the ship steering looks pretty good!
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 1:00 pm

should we make items like in other action space shooter games?like Health restorer,shield,score multiplier etc.
if you want me to make things like that you should say which items you want me to make
Edit:today i edited the codes i showed you (almost all accses violation errors are fixed in code editor,so i can edit them without worrying)i could make a starfing,it doesn't add movement but works exactly like it does.i will probably have the player engine totally complete today.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Items are more of an MMO kinda thing, they normally have items in single player space shooters... but those are for the ones where you only control one ship. You control an Army in this game, i think It would throw off the balancing too much.

Good work, absolutely complete? Wow.

P.S. I made a Youtube Poop
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 11:29 pm

Quote :
Items are more of an MMO kinda thing, they normally have items in single player space shooters... but those are for the ones where you only control one ship. You control an Army in this game, i think It would throw off the balancing too much.
you are right

and today(its 05:22 here now)im going to make ai,this can be a bit slow,because im depressed because i wanted to fast but i woke up 10 mins after the dawn (>:'{)

player engine finished,corrected some glitches and fixed them it looks even better than i imagined it.

EDIT:i made radar. player looks like a white dot on it but what color should enemy units be in radar?

starting to make AI
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:52 pm

Done already? Awesome!

Player should be the white dot. Bad guys should show up as their team color.
If they are red ships then they show up as red. Blue ships show up as blue and so on.
Ooh! Could the players ship be a white dot that flashes their teams color?

what do we have left to do.... Shocked Oh Crap! The Plot!!
I was planning on working on it when school starts so i can plan it out with them and maybe get them to script a bit.

Well im off to draw some of the things I'll need for the cut-sceans.
Back to top Go down
rkyne trix
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
rkyne trix

Male
Number of posts : 105
AQW Username : treks
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: N/A

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:27 pm

plot can be easy enough to sort...but .. i don't know much about game amaking but why don't we try a one player space shooter game design to see how it works first.
ai and everything then go for the mmo.
i have tried "dark orbit" and that has a few good ideas too.

plus the cost of the ships and the ships themselves you don't want the players to pwn soon as they log on.A ship that could be acheived later ( through leveling would be better) and you would want the players to get a feel for the game with a proper intro to playing like a tutorial using the lower levels.

the ai would have to be scaled as they get better.

more importantly the sz could test and vote on it on how fun , hard , easy or if they would just leave it alone kind of idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverzard.forumotion.net
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Quote :
Ooh! Could the players ship be a white dot that flashes their teams color?
hmmm nice idea,but i use codes for the dots drawn in radar,not sprites,i can use sprites and it would make it higher quality too,when i prepare player and enemy sprites for all colors it would increase file size about(probably less then)1kb,but i think i should make it.
Quote :
what do we have left to do.... Oh Crap! The Plot!!
I was planning on working on it when school starts so i can plan it out with them and maybe get them to script a bit
don't worry,its a better idea starting to work on it when school starts,its holiday and you should try to have some fun too.but i may not be able to continue making it fast because this year im planning to work hard as i never did and will keep my marks good as possible,but i will make a lot in weekends,there is still a month until school so i don't even want to think about it yet.
who should be able to play this alpha and beta?
what are the achievements,how do you unlock them,what do you earn when they are unlkocked?
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 1:54 pm

phew,i almost finished my first ai :3
why doesn't it shoot?i programmed it to shoot bullets when im in front of him,weird
*wastes about an hour trying to fix it*
WHY??!!!WHHYYYY?????!!!!!
anyways,i will be trying to fix it...
Edit:
still trying to fix it,wow im so lucky today gamemaker never crashed,maybe its because i fasted today.
did you finish drawing that impossible to beat MMO boss in pc?i would like to see it when its ready.
oh by the way,i made healthbars,each healthbar is drawn 50 pixels above of their ship,i think healthbars'color should be the inverted color of ships.
in new engine im making,since you said "i think player should be able to only shoot on its direction"you use space to shoot,you don't use mouse.
i studied more on azul baronis and decided my ai is too offensive and not defensive at all,so i decided to continue making enemy ai(for other ships) after i finish partner ai.
after i played azul baronis again,i decided my radar is too bad,and im going to make a better one.
EDIT2:
another hour of work this morning and its fixed.now enemy shoots when you are in front of him and turns if you are not.but the bullets are created at somewhere closer to the behind of the ship,im going to fix it now
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Quote :
plot can be easy enough to sort...but .. i don't know much about game amaking but why don't we try a one player space shooter game design to see how it works first.
ai and everything then go for the mmo.
i have tried "dark orbit" and that has a few good ideas too.
Thats what I was planning on doing, and if this does well then we will jump to working on an MMO, You could be a GM in it if you wanted treks ^.^
I looked at Dark orbit and they have a Ship named Vengance too lol... I hope it won't mess things up any. But for the MMO i was gonna base it on Vendetta Online's Design.

Quote :
after i played azul baronis again,i decided my radar is too bad,and im going to make a better one.
another hour of work this morning and its fixed.now enemy shoots when you are in front of him and turns if you are not.but the bullets are created at somewhere closer to the behind of the ship,im going to fix it now
Good work on fixing the Ai! How about a square radar?
I really want to see the game in action. Maybe you could record some of it with a desktop recorder and put it up on youtube, add the link into your sig.
Don't worry about File size, worry more about how much lag each feature we put in will create. We also should be able to get alot in ther i mean lookk at WOW they can have a ton of 3d Models in a 3d environment at the same time without much lag so we should be fine.
Im gonna wait until we finish this game before i start working on the Hivevmind units... We need a cool name for the Hive mind.
I got a better name than Space armada, Xeno-Space. I got it from the word Xenocide.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:27 pm

i think we should think a lot to find even better names for everything in our game,especially ships.are we going to give same names to alien ships,we can give them Turkish names,no one would understand Very Happy

yeah i once played an 3d sonic game made with GM,it was really long,almost long as a level of sonic heroes.its normal fps was sat to 45 and it looked normal when i played it.

im searching for a program to record now,but i must first program the ai to try to avoid us when we are behind him.and make bullets make damage

about the radar i mean the other radar is interlaced,but in my radar,your dot can only be in one pixel.

by the way,in azul baronis game,your ship probably moves at a speed of 200 pixel per second,i use 4 times of the speeds for ships you told me to do but its still slower than it.its okay if you want it to stay so.

don't you think we need some kind of education about game designing?i do.
EDIT!!!!!!:after another 3 hours of work i programmed my ai(i was using alpha ship for ai)to shoot bullets from its spike looking things.it firstly shoots from left one,then reloads,then right one,reloads again,until you are not in front of him.
i changed few(many)things to be better with this new engine again.this game is really good(compared to how it was),but when i tested it,i was no match for my ai(OMG i created a monster lol )
edit2:
yay i colud beat my ai!it took me 5 minutes to create a strategy to beat it.omg even this is so hard,i wonder how hard it will be when there are goliaths O.O
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:45 am

Quote :
i think we should think a lot to find even better names for everything in our game,especially ships.are we going to give same names to alien ships,we can give them Turkish names,no one would understand.
Do it, that would be so awesome! Only we'll mix the words with other languages too. and they are named Mythical creatures.
Grunt= Goblin
Alpha= Kobald/Hobgoblin
Bomber= Dwarf
Berzerker=
Destroyer= Minotaur
Dreadnaught= Centaur
Annihilation= Griffon
Vengance= Manticore
Goliath= Cthulhu (Cheapest D&D boss EVER)

I was thinking about The Hive mind's units too. I renamed it THE MONARCHY. All the units are named after the medieval chain of command. The hive mind also does not follow the same unit list that Humans and Aliens do.
I wonder if we should also rename the humans ships so that they follow a theme. an y good ideas?

Quote :
EDIT!!!!!!:after another 3 hours of work i programmed my ai(i was using alpha ship for ai)to shoot bullets from its spike looking things.it firstly shoots from left one,then reloads,then right one,reloads again,until you are not in front of him.
i changed few(many)things to be better with this new engine again.this game is really good(compared to how it was),but when i tested it,i was no match for my ai(OMG i created a monster lol )
edit2:
yay i colud beat my ai!it took me 5 minutes to create a strategy to beat it.omg even this is so hard,i wonder how hard it will be when there are goliaths O.O
Keep that AI for an unlockable Epic mode of difficulty. or maybe it works out all right when there's 50 other ships. But you should probably make it so that you can win most of the time. make it so that you take about 3-4 hits but win. I would first try making them speed up to try and get around you.
But I'll need that kindof highly trained soldier for level 8, how good is it at dodging?
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 pm

but there are no Turkish words for mythical creatures,we use the original names of them.
the reason i couldn't beat it is that its an alpha,it shoots faster,moves faster and has a healthbar bigger than 2 times of mine,i will work on an enemy grunt ai now.
if we make a tutorial for beginning,and put difficulty options(in easy,the bullet speeds,healthbars,ship speeds,turning speeds(of enemies of course)%60 of normal and in normal difficulty they are &80 and in hard mode they are %100,and there is an unlockable EXTREME mode[no cutscenes are played in it,you have limited time to finish levels but you will earn much more money to buy ships]%150.and we should recommend people to play easy first)it would be okay,until they finish easy,they will find good strategies to beat enemies,and then it will be easier to beat other modes.
yes we should change names of human ships,let me think for a good idea.and in this way we can also find good Turkish alien names.
oh by the way did i told you that the old engine was over 4 MB's and the new one is.......175 KB'S.when this one becomes 4 MB it will have many more things than it.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:07 pm

Quote :
the reason i couldn't beat it is that its an alpha,it shoots faster,moves faster and has a healthbar bigger than 2 times of mine,i will work on an enemy grunt ai now.
OH lol, and you actually beat one? Wow! I am very impressed! I made it so that the alpha would be able to dominate the grunt easily. Don't forget that it shoots faster.
When you finish the Grunt AI tell me what happens when you and one ally gang up on one alpha. or if you are flying the alpha and fighting two grunts. It should be just as difficult either way.
Try to make the Grunts AI work as a team, and stick together with other grunts when fighting larger units. But i don't want them to go overkill and swarm a Destroyer with 50 grunts... they can do that to goliaths thou.

Quote :
oh by the way did i told you that the old engine was over 4 MB's and the new one is.......175 KB'S.when this one becomes 4 MB it will have many more things than it.
Nice you really are growing as a programmer.

Quote :
difficulty options(in easy,the bullet speeds,healthbars,ship speeds,turning speeds(of enemies of course)%60 of normal and in normal difficulty they are &80 and in hard mode they are %100,and there is an unlockable EXTREME mode[no cutscenes are played in it,you have limited time to finish levels but you will earn much more money to buy ships]%150.and we should recommend people to play easy first)it would be okay,until they finish easy,they will find good strategies to beat enemies,and then it will be easier to beat other modes.
Thaaaats not really on how i was planning on doing Difficulty options. We don't really need them but that extreme mode sounds like a good idea. However a 150% Buff to the enemys is Overkill. 115% buff should be enough to throw things off enough to get the player to hit there computer a couple of times.
We would get sued for a 150% buff. Shocked
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 6:08 am

Quote :
OH lol, and you actually beat one? Wow! I am very impressed! I made it so that the alpha would be able to dominate the grunt easily. Don't forget that it shoots faster.
i try to use turbo to get to the behind of him(unsuccesfully)and then we start to follow each other like we are turning around something between us,but it looks like he will catch me soon and i hold("a" if we are turning left,"d" if we are turning right) and without releasing it press(J) then (K) than (J) than (K) again(starfing buttons)
this way,i turn much more with moving less and soon catch him,but i cant stay behind it bcause its so fast but i try to shoot until it escapes and with a %50 possibility i win with 1-3 HP left.
Quote :
Thaaaats not really on how i was planning on doing Difficulty options. We don't really need them but that extreme mode sounds like a good idea. However a 150% Buff to the enemys is Overkill. 115% buff should be enough to throw things off enough to get the player to hit there computer a couple of times.
We would get sued for a 150% buff.
OK
EDIT:how long should a full healtbar be?
EDIT2:i have done the first things i needed to do to allow player switch between ships(normally the view used to follow only one ship,but it can change now,the ai used to follow only my grunt,now it is programmed to follow nearest ship that is not in his team and etc.)
edit3:i fixed everything that appeared on previous engine,i updated to do and glitch lists.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:29 pm

Nice work.
Quote :
EDIT:how long should a full healtbar be?
EDIT2:i have done the first things i needed to do to allow player switch between ships(normally the view used to follow only one ship,but it can change now,the ai used to follow only my grunt,now it is programmed to follow nearest ship that is not in his team and etc.)
The Healthbar on a Goliath would be impractical but on normal units it shouldn't be much longer than the actual ship.
have space bar be the select deselect unit and clicking rotates through all of your available/remaining units. however don't put in the thing where when a player gains control of a ship it gets a full heal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Discussion
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next