Silver Zard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver Zard

The Headquarters of The Silver Zard. Adventure Quest Worlds most unnacomplished clan of Avengers for hire!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game Discussion

Go down 
+9
chazanater
Werepyre King
rkyne trix
Laken
Kamina-sama
Crainer
Roann
Omndra
apocanagic
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
Number of posts : 316
AQW Username :

Registration date : 2008-08-28

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Guild Master
Most Recent Award: None

Game Discussion - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:06 am

Really Cool isn't it?
by the way sorry i haven't been online for yesterday and the day before it because we were moving all the stuff that belong to us to our new house and before this we were living in my aunt's house (at first place we thought it would be better about economy XD)and she likes living alone so she didn't like it.and half of our stuff was at our previous home and other half was at aunt's home.it was really hard to bring them all to here but we(almost)did it(only few stuff left and dishwasher was spoiled).yesterday we had the new adsl and there was a problem about line but today it...fixed itself?(i don't know how it started to work but before that all we did was to call someone who has friends that can fix it but i don't believe it was that because it can't be so fast)
and i have some good news too!
yesterday my aunt said she can help us about artwork,she knows all Adobe programs almost perfectly.and my sister is good at illustrator too.I used to use a photoshop program.and adobe photoshop was vry similiar to it and she wanted me to teach it to her.i will and after that three of us will work together to make and finish the game.This way,i wont keep you busy too Omndra!
Of course this doesn't mean that you guys can no longer help,you can send us ideas.I will ask them as soon as i need them ok?
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 12:10 pm

...its been 10 days Omndra!i mean...its over 9 Very Happy
first it was only roann...but now...im afraid you will forget about us too
i...really wanted to make this game with your help guys...i had dreams about this game,in them we finished the game until september and became really famous...i really cared about this game...maybe its not your fault but we can never ever work like this...i am experienced enough to make a great game and sell it.but i wanted to make the first one with some friends that care about it...at first place i thought you cared about it...later everyone forgot about it...firstly chazanater seemed like he likes it...he did...but then he forgot and left...and im afraid same thing can happen to treks...and if that happens i will have 0 people helping me and 0 playing my game as soon as i upload it...i can't be hopeful about this game anymore,this is impossible for me...i don't want to be pessimist but...without your help,its not possible

*tells to himself*Don't be a pessimist,don't be a pessimist

*sigh* ok if you are really busy, PLEASE at least draw little by little in the times that you have nothing to do.becaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuse............................................................WE ARE GOING TO FINISH IT NEXT YEAR ... heh heh ^^ this is going to be better for everyone.until then i have small stuff to finish.i want to make a(wait for it)........ WATER FIGHT game.sounds cool doesn't it? in it you will be a boy or girl in my age and will have a small bottle af water in your hand and go to one of few arenas(a mountain,school garden,a picnic place)and attack at everyone with it...buuuut it wont be stupid as it sounds....i will put so epic effects in it and do my best so you will feel that cold water on your face Very Happy and i want to make a sonic and the black knight game too,i will probaly be able to build them with same engine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crainer
The Assassin
The Assassin

Male
Number of posts : 123
AQW Username : Crainer
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Creed Leader

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm

i just found out i have photoshop so i can actually help now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male
Number of posts : 348
AQW Username : SilverZard
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Special Titles
Avenger's Guild Rank: Captain Falcon
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 pm

YAY! Thats really good news Crainer!
And another bit of good new is that this site is on by bookmarks toolbar so i can never go completely inactive.

Now for some bad news...
I am a bit busy... forever... I am sorry abdullah but to be honest
I am not gonna work on this game again...
I lack the Artistic Attention span to finish any of the 5-7 Games i have designed.
I am alot better at designing games then i am at making them.

And in other news...
The Torque Game Builder Program is only 100$ without the Source Code.
I am designing a SSBB style game for AQ. and I would like you guys to make a list of your favorite AQ Characters. can be anything from any of AE's games.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 am

WOW thats one of the coolest ideas i have ever heard.
i think EVERYTHING will be better this way Smile
and for your game:
Guardian Dragon
Warp Guardians
Galanoth
Quibble Coinbiter
ehhhh...i cant remember anything else right now

I have REALLY GOOD NEWS too
Even if you cant help me,i can still help you until school starts.
(how?)i downloaded Anvil Studio, it is a really easy and free MIDI creation program,i also downloaded a program to make SFXs so i can help you about that too.

Edit:
crainer has photoshop?....
*evil laugh*
we don't have anything really impotant to do yet but you can make and send few 640*640 BGs
you can also draw a zard but dont forget to delete background first
and you both should visit this site more often Very Happy especially you crainer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

I thought of Warp guardians, but they look way too similar to guardians.
This is the list of Characters I had, silly me i should've put it up in that last post.
The slashes indicate a similar moveset but are different color designs. (Like Peach and Daisy)
CHARACTERS:
01-Artix
02-Cysero
03-Warlick
04-Galanoth
05-Seplicure
06-Guardian/Dragonlord/Star Captain/Adventurer
07-Twilly/Twig
08-Zorbak
09-Robina
10-Snevil
11-Safiria
12-Chuckles
13-Yulgar
14-King Alteon
15-Renn
16-Zio
17-Xan/Drakonnan
18-Zhilo
19-Lord Cyrus
20-Noobatron
21-Aquella/Mercuria
22-Ryuusei
23-Huntress
24-Captain Rhubarb
BOSS-Drakath

I will Keep it at 24 Characters unless I can go to 32. Otherwise I will just kick off Zorbak or Chuckles for someone cooler.
I use this list to help decide who to kick off I won't remove important staff however.
people who where on the list:
Dynamo
Aria
Drakel
Akrilloth (he is too big)
Dragons (too big)

However, having the Guardian Dragon as an Item would be cool too, instead of the Dragoon. And the Blade of Awe instead of a Homerun Bat.what should replace the beamsword? (Not the Star Sword) Or the Pokeballs/Assist trophy's?

P.S. When i am done Designing it i will send it to the AE team to make it...as a WiiWare Game!!!
....Hopefully they will... If they are smart they will.... How smart are they?
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 5:18 am

what about nythera?
who will have the similiar abilities with sonic?
*imagines* Xan:"You're too slow HAHAHAHAHAHA" .... no thats a bad idea ... Twig:"Youw two swow and i like icecweam" ...no no no ... Sepulcure:"You're too slow" Chuckles:"HAHAHAHAHAHA" Sepulcure:(Makes a homing attack to chuckles) *imagines*
uhmm no that was a really bad idea i take my word back.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:37 am

I don't like Nythera. So what if she killed Warlick.
But then again... Lord Cyrus isn't that cool either... Ok she's in.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:24 pm

you can make a dragon amulet to summon pets or friends
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 7:13 pm

Hey!
I just got a good idea!
Lets take a break from this Silver Zard stuff and make a Game like this one
I would actually be able to do all the art for a game like that! (I LOVE DRAWING SPACESHIP!)
The only Question is... could you program something like that Abdullah?
could you make it so that there could be 100 ships on the field (not necessarily on the screen) at once without Lag?
And you could start working on it whenever you want. Start Building it with simple shapes that shoot blue circles.
You will have to make the Engine Flames, but keep it simple(ish) or else severe lag will occur.

I did a little BRAINSTORMIN:
Need a Better name than, umm...
Space Overlord: Aggressive Passion (S.O.A.P.)
Conquest Of Warriors (C.O.W.)

Keep all of the stuff from the quick tips
We should only put in three bullet types (keep game running faster)
The Normal Lazer, Homing Missles, and Big Lazer

Units
Grunt: the basic unit should be the same as the fighter in the original
Alpha: It's like the grunt, only better. It has a 180 angle of fire, Slightly more HP, shoots faster, Turns faster, and can fly faster.
Berserker: An Alpha with 360 angle of fire, is even faster, Less Hp than a Grunt.
Bomber: A grunt, That can shoot Missiles! slightly more hp.
Destroyer: The same as the Destroyer in the Original game
Dreadnaught: A Destroyer, that's faster, turns better, has more HP, but can't shoot missiles
Omega: The same as a Testudon in the Original, only it has a 360 angle Big blast gun.
Vengeance: An Omega with slightly more Hp than an omega, moves like a destroyer. has 3 Normal Lazer blasts with 90 Angle of fire
Goliath: Twice as big as Omega, Way more HP, with 4 180* AI turrets with a player controlled 90 angle Big Blast Main gun. Slow

Give the player some control on how his team acts. (attack big targets/attack small targets/kill everything)
Give the player ability to choose what unit they use start with.
Give player some control over what units are used.

could you guys brainstorm some stuff up too? I mostly need help thinking of cooler names for the ships.

I am so excited! This is gonna work, and BE SO COOL!
I wonder if we could even make it into a WiiWare... nah

Last edited by Omndra on Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 6:46 am

heh heh those are too easy for me.i will start makin it today and i will be brainstorming to find harder and simple ideas Very Happy
gamemaker makes less lag than flash,eg.i can program it so it can only fall to 28 fps when there are about 10000(ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) instances in the current room
ok you guys can start finding exact abilities of those units like:
Gamma:(P.S. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE)
* Fire Angle:180
* HP:150
* Speed:5p/s(p/s:pixel per step,step=second/30(30=frames per second,which means it is also pixel per a frame change))
* Rotating Speed:6d/s(degree per step)
* Normal Lazer Damege:3(damage(HP) to enemy per step)
* Homing Missile Damage:15hp
* Homing Missile Speed:6p/s
* Homing Missile Accuracy:60s(it checks where the enemy is once per 60steps(2 seconds) and moves towards there)
* Big Lazer Damage:7hp

if we do 3 kinds of bullets the player can keep using the best one and it will be like cheating so do you want to make those kinds limited special bullets or make them available after cooldown or some kind of MP thing,the most simple one is the cooldown and its something people wont dislike so much.if you have any simpler idea please post

please draw & send those spaceships so we can get inspired
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:14 pm

You are worried that players will use only the strong weapons? well not all the ships can use every single weapon.

I am trying to go off of the original as much as possible, for how the battles went. But with more units.
All of the bullet types should be universal.
In the Original the Basic Lazer bullet does 1 damage, Missiles did 3, and it looks like the giant lazer does 1 damage every .2 seconds.
Depending on the ship the basic lazer can fire in one of two speeds, Normal and fast.

In the original the Grunt has 8 hp and a destroyer has 40 hp. I think the testudon has something around 120hp.

By the way, that's the wrong way to do Missile accuracy. It would work but it would look really weird. It should always follow after the closest ship, and be faster than the ship, However, It has much slower turning.

I also don't think players should get to use any unit that has the giant lazer weapon. wait... do we NEED the giant lazer? i think we should replace it with a Big Circle blast Thingy. Has a Slow fire rate (1 shot per second) and does 5 damage. It would be pretty much the same damage per second as the lazor.

Another thing is that i don't think we need to have the the Textbox in the corner spawn all of the useless NPC chatter. but we should keep it to announce the deaths of Big class ships.

The player should be able to choose all of his units too, and instead of money, he gets a certain amount of points to select units. Each unit costs a certain amount of these points. and too prevent people from only choosing to have all of the Big units. Big class units will have a Max number allowed, others will not be available until a certain air

(P.S. I also updated the unit BRAINSTORM)

I am working on the ships. Like I said, WE CAN DO THIS!
(we need a logo too)
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:28 am

I have Finished the Grunt Alpha and Bomber ships...
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:12 am

Quote :
You are worried that players will use only the strong weapons? well not all the ships can use every single weapon
ooohhh ok Very Happy
Quote :
By the way, that's the wrong way to do Missile accuracy. It would work but it would look really weird. It should always follow after the closest ship, and be faster than the ship, However, It has much slower turning.
oh ok...i don't know why i thought something like that at that moment... but i thought homing missiles lock to one ship and follow it until IT BURNS Very Happy ok than i will replace it with degree per second ok?
Quote :
I also don't think players should get to use any unit that has the giant lazer weapon. wait... do we NEED the giant lazer? i think we should replace it with a Big Circle blast Thingy. Has a Slow fire rate (1 shot per second) and does 5 damage. It would be pretty much the same damage per second as the lazor.
ok....wait i am not sure i understood how that will work...like chaos blast?sorry i couldn't play the game for too long i could only play 2 or 3 levels
Quote :
Another thing is that i don't think we need to have the the Textbox in the corner spawn all of the useless NPC chatter. but we should keep it to announce the deaths of Big class ships.
indeed thats what i was thinking.
soo you like drawing spaceships eh?*evil smile*if you really love it SO much we can change silver zards timeline to WARPFORCE

you prepared them?let me see then
i actully said i would start making that game yesterday but im kind of busy in these days,yesterday i planned to start it at night but then i was so tired and i slept and i thought i could make it today but today(as i said before we were living in my aunt's house and we moved.)when we moved, a lot of dust appeared(well one of carpets was opaque black XD)and it would be rude to leave like this and we washed 3 carpets with my sister today(from 10am to 6pm*cries*i washed that black one and it was orange-ish again Very Happy)i am so tired now and im thinking to rest until 20:00(or sometime about that).don't worry,i promise i will make it.as i said it is really easy for me(to plan how it will work and chose the best codes to use for it)
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:32 pm

Quote :
ok....wait i am not sure i understood how that will work...like chaos blast?sorry i couldn't play the game for too long i could only play 2 or 3 levels
its just a blue circle that does more damage, its still smaller than a grunt.
(EX: Normal gun is a pistol, Big gun is a 20mm cannon)

Quote :
soo you like drawing spaceships eh?*evil smile*if you really love it SO much we can change silver zards timeline to WARPFORCE
Oh that is evil.
maybe you could put the spaceships from this game into the silver zard one.
Depending on how entertaining this game is, we should try to find out how to release it on the Wii shop channel.

EDIT: Now that I am done with all of the small ships. here you go!
Game Discussion - Page 11 Space_10
P.S. Abdullah this is a JPEG. When I finish all of the spaceships, I will send the ships to you in a TIFF with a BG that can be cutout.
Just mess with hue shifts on them right now and tell me what I need to fix.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 pm

oh those are so cool now i understand why you love it so much Very Happy
i have an idea,it is simple but hard to make(i love things like that Very Happy)
we can make a unit or ship that has ability to fire an electric sphere that wil lock on the enemy and follow it,and blast after a few seconds and will create about 5 small bolts that will hit nearest enemies and will stay there for 5 seconds

don't you think it will be awesome to make the silverzard in timeline of warpforce instead of aqw,imagine it
*imagines*Silverzard hops to a spaceship and rides it and fights with enemies and after a few seconds some enemy blasts his ship he starts falling and while he is about to touch the ground he starts using gravity and stops falling,a big half transparent circle appears around him,that circle is so big and some of enemies are inside it and thins inside it are inveted and he throws everything along with some of the spaceships that were close and they all die,some of them land on planets and some fly forever then he uses gravity again and goes to one of those planets to destroy the ones that survived.*imagines*
come on it could be awsum,but we should finish this first.

omndra i shared a video at facebook,i don't know have you seen it before or not but someone have built a 360 degree spinning skyscraper.its not only itself,all the flats are spinning!!!
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Thank you.
But if we did the electro-sphere thingy (Electron Blaster?) you should do that with one of your awesome special effects.
Unless you need me to draw some kinda lightning bolt for it to work.

The only unit I think should have it is the Goliath's Main gun, but I don't think that after it hits it shouldn't have a lasting effect. If the main ball hits a ship it should do 10 damage, and the homing lightning bolts should do 2 dmg each. It should explode after 150-200 Pixels.

This is what i think what all the firing speeds should be.
Basic Lazer: Fires every .24 second
Fast Lazer: Fires every .08 seconds
Homing Missile: Fires every .40 seconds
Big Lazer: Fires every .75 seconds
Electron: Fires every 1.00 seconds
Gatling gun: Fires every .02 seconds.

We shouldn't give any unit a Gatling gun, normally. We could put it in as a cheat, that changes the players weapon into a Gatling gun.
Also depending on how entertaining the game is, we should try to figure out how to release it as a WiiWare.

Fun Fact: The real firing rate of a Gatling gun is one bullet every .0003 seconds!
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 4:46 pm

i have prepared the first engine,in it you can move the ship,the firing engine is almost ready too.i also added some kind of lazer thingy to behind the ship,it stays there like a mark and dissapears after10 steps(i drew the test ship and the mark lazer myself so it took half an hour Sad im dissapointed XD)
Quote :
But if we did the electro-sphere thingy (Electron Blaster?) you should do that with one of your awesome special effects.
Unless you need me to draw some kinda lightning bolt for it to work.
no i know some (extremely)special code for it to work,it was firstly created by one of gamemaker legends Very Happy
yes electron blaster is a cool name
Quote :
We shouldn't give any unit a Gatling gun, normally. We could put it in as a cheat, that changes the players weapon into a Gatling gun.
Also depending on how entertaining the game is, we should try to figure out how to release it as a WiiWare
i...actually....almost have no hope for a wiiware game Very Happy i mean even if we find a way it will still be extremely hard.
yes we should make a cheat for gatling gun
and we should make a cheat that will unlock a special unit that has best weapon(s)
and one more thing that we should use more fun facts Very Happy

EDIT:
i prepared firing emgine too and made some little flame sprites for its testing and its something like this
Game Discussion - Page 11 Game111
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 6:50 pm

That is cool, thats very Good work on the engine!
But there are some things I would like you to work on.
Could you try to make it the engine trail look more FWOOOSH!!! like in this game or something like that.
(Fading&Shrinking Red An' Yellow Circles)
Figure out a way to make the trail stretch out depending on how fast you go.
I would like it if each ship only had one Jetstream too. (see the gap on the bottoms of my ships)
While something more complex might look better, the simple stuff can work just as good and takes less lag.

For the Basic lazer A one 1x5 Pixel Blue line with a slight glow trail would work great.
And while your ship might not look as good as mine, It gave me a good idea for the Destroyer.

I am working on the Spacey BG now. And I need to fix the spikes on the Berzerker.

Is there any other art that you need? Or anything I can improve on?
Game Discussion - Page 11 Space_11
This is my new desktop! The JPG doesn't tile as good as the TIF so i emailed you the TIF.
Be sure to enlarge it to the game screen size so that way the it will become seamless.

EDIT:The Omega Ship is HUGE! (8x8 grunts big.) I plan on making the Goliath even bigger. O.O

Fun Fact: That's a GOOD question!
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 4:49 am

i think we should make kind of more powerful feeling and higher technology effect for the mark
i made blue circles for the mark effect and they were cooler than i could ever think
i also fixed that glitch that made it look pixelly(see my previous post)
it was hard to see my ship in that background so i played a little with my ships intensity
Game Discussion - Page 11 Awesom10
(i was holding left arrow key and it was turning left,COOL isn't it?)
i would like you to start drawing the bullets
i think i will make the view size 800*800(for the grunt,i will change it for other ships,i can give player the ability to zoom in or out to view all ships,that would be hard Wink )
later i also changed ship sprite too

EDIT: cheets,i haz dem
i made some cheats(they are temporary,i will change or destroy them as soon as we start making the real game,i mean non-alpha or beta or something)one doubles the speed and one changes the firing angle to 180,i used both of them(with my new ship ::Smile )
Game Discussion - Page 11 Awsum211

im working on some midi's for this game
Fun Fact:i drew an bullet sprite(only borders of it,inside was empty)then filled nside it with random colors(similiar about red,green,blue) and it looked awful(to me)but when testing,it was really awesome

EDIT2:im also working on a minimap

EDIT3:
i also made the fps 150 and divided every variable with 5 (only the ones about speed and angle,and not the variable that defines the angles the ship can fire)so when it makes lag,it will still look smooth

EDIT4:i have finished the minimap(5 mins Very Happy)and i made a 2000x2000 level for the test and minimap shows all of it,since we didn't make any enemies it doesn't show them yet.

EDIT5:omg omndra you have to play this game,imade a turbo function for it(temporary)and made those bullets leave mark,it looks awesome
its getting better and better every hour
Game Discussion - Page 11 Awsome10
EDIT6:THIS...IS.....LONGEST POST EVER IN THE HISTORY.
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Holy CRAP! Awesome work! I can't wait until I can see my ships doing that stuff!

The Jet stream is PERFECT! (the green one is the best) I Like the one from the first picture the most. However I think it could become even better. Try having the stream fade 100% and shrink to 50% size and then send me a picture. And make it a Dark Blue.

The small ships only have one stream, some of the bigger ships have 3-5 jet streams.

That bullet looks Really Good, We should use it as the missile... but the trail needs to be half as long and Dark blue.

I can kinda see some patterns in the BG, could you double or triple the BG image size. Or you could add in another layer of stars above it with randomly generated stars that moves a bit faster than the BG image to give it a bit of a 3D effect and feel. Preferably both.

I only have 2 ships left to draw.
I finished designing the Goliath on paper, and he has some moving parts. He will require some putting together after I send him to you.
Once I am done with all of the ships, I will work on a plot.

I can't send you glowing pictures and all the bullets glow so your gonna have to make them.
For the Big Bullet I want Blue ball with a white gradient in the center and on the edges its a Transparent Black. That way it looks like its glowing. I want the trail for it to be just 10 pixels long.
For the Basic lazer A one 1x5 Pixel Glowing Blue line with a slight glow trail would work great.
Make red versions of the for the bad guys. Only its a yellow core for the Big Blast.

P.S. I sent you some sound effects.
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 am

Quote :
The Jet stream is PERFECT! (the green one is the best) I Like the one from the first picture the most
if you don't use any cheats and don't hold turbo button it will stay so
Quote :
The small ships only have one stream, some of the bigger ships have 3-5 jet streams.

That bullet looks Really Good, We should use it as the missile... but the trail needs to be half as long and Dark blue.
consider it done!

Quote :
I only have 2 ships left to draw.
I finished designing the Goliath on paper, and he has some moving parts. He will require some putting together after I send him to you.
Once I am done with all of the ships, I will work on a plot.
YAY some harder stuff
Quote :
I can't send you glowing pictures and all the bullets glow so your gonna have to make them.
the new image editor has a glow function,you click it and choose a color and your sprite glows.

preparing big bullet,homing missile(they are all for testing) and some targets that will be enemies(temporarily)
could you change those aiffs into waw,because gamemaker doesnt support them
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 11:39 am

I don't know if i can convert the sounds, but i'll try.
Do those sounds work?

I just realized that the missile won't glow, but it will have that longer trail. So if you don't mind I'll draw one.
By the way, were you gonna do the stuff I told you to do to the BG?
Back to top Go down
apocanagic
Platinum Zard
Platinum Zard
apocanagic

Male
AQW Username :

Special Titles

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Quote :
I can kinda see some patterns in the BG, could you double or triple the BG image size.
i tiled it because its just testing,i will open it in photoshop and resize and save and put it and program to only show it at view.so they will look like they are far away from us.just like how moon follows you Very Happy
Quote :
Or you could add in another layer of stars above it with randomly generated stars that moves a bit faster than the BG image to give it a bit of a 3D effect and feel
yes i was thinking about that, but how many stars there should be in the room and how much is their minimum and maximum sizes.we could make them go to opposite direction(really slowly,like one or two pixel per 10 seconds)when view moves.and it would be awesome.

im going to try random things until i get an even better jet stream effect(i feel creative) Very Happy

you can(should)work on anything you want,oh you can make that electron blaster(its form while its a sphere,i wil make the bolts).
if there is anything you want me to make,don't be afraid,just tell ok?

i finished homing missile,it was hardest thing to program,it overloaded my brain to think and figure out how could i make that slowly turn to target,i mean...first i was thinking to program it to increase its direction if the <direction that it needs to be going to to hit the target> is bigger than its direction,if its not i was going to program it to decrease it,but there was a problem,a really big problem,when its direction is under 90 and the one which it should be going is between 270 and 360 .than it turns there from the wrong way,and it took me long and really hurt my brain to find out how to do that work properly.try to think and find a way to solve it.i want to see how smart you are,than i will tell you how i did it

can you...make something like

A Silver Cow Production

to put to the beginning of the game
Back to top Go down
Omndra
Zard Hero
Zard Hero
Omndra

Male

Special Titles
Most Recent Award:

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:11 pm

Actually I was gonna work on that right before the Menu Screen. I was gonna make it Really Cool.
But i don't like Silver Cow that much anymore. I was thinking of something like

BLUE SILVER
PRODUCTIONS

Or

SILVER BLUE
PRODUCTIONS

Instead of making the background stationary, make it move at 90% of the ships speed, in the ships direction. And two layers of randomly generated stars. The top layer should move 10% speed against the ships direction and have only 7-10 stars in the basic 800x800 . The middle layer should move 50% speed in the ships direction. Should have 25-40 stars in the 800x800. Keep the main background the same size. The middle layer stars should be 5-12 pixels big. the top layer stars should be in between 8-20 Pixels big. I also plan to have some battles around planets. But that would just be a stationary layer on top of the stars. I will send you HIGH-RES Pictures. (2000x2000)

I found a 3000x3000 Picture of outer space. But it would increase the file size by 2MB. However it wouldn't work for a planet battle.

I Finished all the ships, except the Goliath. So I sent them all to you and some assembly is required. The Spinning Gear should be set to spin then put in the Giant holes of the Omega and Vengeance. The Small turret goes on the Vengeance. I think your smart enough to figure out where they go. After you put the Gear and turrets on the Vengeance scale it down 10%. It is VERY important that the gears fit exactly inside the hole, otherwise the spin will be off. It's Not as important for the turrets.
Game Discussion - Page 11 Space_12

Mess around with the hue changes on my ships, I would like to see a Blue and Red one, and any other colors you think look good. If they look all messed up try using the negative effect on them first.

Here is another Problem I have for you. As you probably know some of these ships are going to be really big, I don't want the big ships to overlap the smaller ones. The Bigger ships have to a layer under the smaller ones... but still be able to fluidly interact. This will be hard to program unless GameMaker has some kinda sublayer system. (putting multiple layers into a single layer)

You set the missiles to think in 180 and -180 instead of the full 360?
That's my best guess but you are a way better programmer than i am.
You'll probably have to use the same concept for programing the AI.

But programming the AI will be harder. But I think its time to start working on it.
Here is a List of things I want the basic AI to do.
- To Ignore neutral units. [optional]
- To have individual ship classifications of Small, Big, Large, and Goliath.
- To have different states of danger and calm (goes into danger mode within firing range (800 Pixels) of enemy)
- To go to Allies in danger/enemy ships which ever one is closer.
- Turrets point at enemy ships independently

But once you got that programmed, test out how many of my ships the game can handle before Significant lag is noticed. (start with 50)
Then I would very much enjoy it if you could export it as a Mac Program (.app) if possible. It looks so Fun!
So you want me to draw the main bullet of the Electron Blaster? I will send that with the Goliath. Next to the gun.

You should probably read over this Post a couple of times, there's alot of things for you to do in it.

Fun Fact: The Goliath has 2 Spinning Gears, 10 Small Turrets, 4 Large Turrets, and the Electron Gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Discussion   Game Discussion - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Discussion
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next